7 Home Remedies To Treat Infected Nose Piercing: A Complete Beginners Guide
A nose piercing is a style statement and can also be a symbol of your personality. For all those who want to try this style, we recommend that you take utmost care and follow the below home remedies as much as possible to reduce the chances of infection. If there is any minor infection, the right steps should be taken for avoiding major infections and complications.
In this article, we will be discussing topics such as common nose piercing infection, nose piercings symptoms, and 7 home remedies to treat infected nose piercing.
Nose Piercing Infections
Nose piercings can be very itchy and may cause a bit of pain and discomfort to the wearer initially, but you should immediately get rid of such symptoms by taking proper precautions. It is important for one to take all the necessary precautions so as to avoid any sort of infection. The nose piercing can get infected due to bacteria if proper care is not taken.
Here are some of the common nose piercing infections
Keloids: Keloids are the scars that can develop on the skin around the nose piercing if not treated in time. These scars are usually bigger than your original problem and will create a lot of discomfort for you.
Fungal infections: If your nose is pierced, then there are chances that it may get infected by fungus. It is advisable to clean your nose piercing with saline solution or sea salt mixed with lukewarm water once in a while.
Swelling: Your nose piercing can get infected by bacteria and, in turn, you will feel some pain and discomfort. There may be a bit of swelling around the pierced area which is an indication that it has been infected.
Bumps: Sometimes, there can be a few bumps on or below your nose. They may look similar to boils and might hurt you a lot as well.
Nose Piercing Symptoms
The following are some of the common symptoms that you may experience as a nose piercings wearer.
Pain: If there is pain, then it has become difficult for you to breathe and eat with ease. There can be a bit of pain in your nose and around it due to various reasons such as dryness and irritation. You will be able to feel pain in the nose if your nose jewelry is too tight or if there is any other problem with the piercing.
Itching: If you are experiencing itching around your nose, then it can cause severe discomfort and irritability as well. There may be a bit of swelling around your nose due to irritation caused by a foreign object.
Discharge: Do you notice some green or yellow discharge from your nose piercing? If thats the case then it is best for you to take rid of such symptoms as soon as possible. The color and quantity of such discharges can be an indication of a problem with your nose piercings.
Pus formation: Pus is something that is filled with an infectious agent and if it starts accumulating in your nose piercing then you should get rid of that at the earliest. It can be very difficult for you to bear such pus formation or swelling around your nose, but there may not be any other option at times.
7 Home Remedies To Treat Infected Nose Piercing:
There are a few home remedies to treat infected nose piercings. If you want to get rid of such problems, then you need to follow these 7 best tips.
- Never touch the area: The first and foremost reason for any infection is that the skin around the piercing has been touched many times. You should try your level best to avoid touching the area as much as possible.
- Use Sea salt: Saltwater or saline solution mixed with lukewarm or warm water can be used for cleaning your nose piercings. Use a cotton ball to clean the area surrounding the piercing and make sure that you do not use any kind of soap. If you want some relief, then you should use cold water instead of lukewarm or warm water.
- Use antiseptic: You can also use an antiseptic soap to clean the area around your nose piercing. It is advisable not to rub it in any kind of circular motion as it may cause a lot of discomforts and lead to more infection problems.
- Apply some ice: You can also apply some ice to the area surrounding your nose piercing to get rid of any kind of swelling or infection. This will also reduce redness and irritation in no time.
- Steam treatment: If you want to improve the condition of your nose piercings, then it is better for you to use steam treatment. It will help you to get rid of all kinds of problems such as dryness and irritation in no time.
- Avoid picking: One of the most important things is that you should avoid touching or cleaning your nose piercings. You can go for a saline solution or lukewarm water, but make sure that there is not too much pressure. You should keep the area dry, but if you want to put some moisturizer on it, then you can go ahead and do that as well. Remember that picking or cleaning your nose piercings will only make things worse for you.
- Get rid of the jewelry: If your nose piercings are infected, then you should not try to use any kind of jewelry on it. You must remove all kinds of nose piercing jewelry and wait for the infection to go away quickly. It is important that you do not touch or clean the area as it can lead to an increased risk of infection.
There are many people who have experienced infection problems in the past due to nose piercings. The above-mentioned are some of the most effective tips that can be used to get rid of infection problems related to nose piercings. If there is any kind of pain, then it might become difficult for you to eat or breathe as well. In such cases, you need to consult a physician as soon as possible and get rid of the infection as quickly as possible.